Chef Steve's Flamin' Scallops
- Half pound of our fresh, never frozen, dry packed sea scallops
- 2 tsp. of Blackened Redfish Magic per scallop (About 10 tsp. or 3 tbsp. total)
- 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. of salt
- 1.5 tbsp. fresh cracked black pepper
- Olive oil (Enough to lightly coat your pan)
- Sprinkle of parsley to garnish
- 1 tbsp. of Hank's Honey Habanero hot sauce (optional)
- Melt butter in a microwavable-safe bowl, then stir in Blackened Redfish Magic, salt, pepper, and Hank's Honey Habanero hot sauce. Make sure ingredients are well combined.
Evenly coat scallops with the butter mixture using a brush. Apply generously, but be cautious and don't apply too much pressure. Scallops are delicate and may break apart. Save the remainder of the butter mixture.
Pour olive oil into a non-stick medium sized pan enough to thinly coat the entire bottom. Heat oil on medium high heat until oil starts to lightly smoke.
Carefully place scallops flat side down with tongs, and sear for about 3-5 minutes for the first side. Flip carefully with tongs and drizzle the remainder of the butter mixture on the top of each scallop. Sear for another 3 minutes or until sides of scallops are firm. Remove from heat, sprinkle parsley on top, and serve immediately. Enjoy!